
Key Workout
Description: Double Crossing of the Grand Canyon, from South Rim to North Rim and back
Location: Grand Canyon National Park
Nutrition: Mix1 for Breakfast, 600 cal in HEED, 5 NUUN tabs (0 cal), 5 bags Clif ShotBloks (1000 cal), 8 Clif Shots (800 cal), large lemonade, 2 bags pretzels, one giant bag of Peanut M&Ms
Weather: perfect, lows of 30s in the early morning, highs of 100 in the bottom of the canyon mid day
Distance: 46 miles
Pace: 13.5 hours, so averaging 17.6 min miles. HA, that's funny
Comments: This was one of the most epic experiences I have had in one day. I didn't have a low point the entire day. I think staying on top of the nutrition and electrolyes helped keep me at more of an even keel, that and the stunning views. This was one of the things on my Life List, and rightfully so...it was awesome!
Full write up on my blog here.
Video of my adventure here.