Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekly: May 4 - 10

Swims:
- Mon: Masters 4000 yards, long sets (2 800's in there, one in 12:50)
- Tu: swim 30 min
- Fri: 60 minute swim, missed masters, slept in
Bikes:
- Mon: 1 hour EZ ride with family
-Wed: Bike City View race pace. I did this alone and went hard. I attempted to ride even, steady, yet hard.
Runs:
- Tu: Track: very challenging workout. Steve asked me to sit on another runner for as long as I could hang on. It felt like crashing and burning over and over again. Steve said I get pancaked when I drop off and need to work on calming down. My first mile was 5:53 and positive splitted the whole thing (not good).
- Wed: 40 min run off the bike
- Th: Chatfield run. Ez for first 3 miles, then hard all the way home. My legs were full and heavy. Not a lot of get up and go in them, but I tried to stay with Steve and Finch, and then I stayed with Keith for a long while, and then I just tried to keep up with myself :)
- Sun: 2 hour trail run on trails in Buena Vista.
Other:
- Mon: weights
- Sat: walked like 10 miles that day, chased kids and supported some friends at an adventure race

Sleep: fine, although a bit of bed musical chairs at night. Annie gets in ours, I get in hers, she get in with me, I get back in my own, etc.
Recovery: Saturday didn't really feel like a rest day because we were running around a lot. Having a little trouble recovering this week.
Mood: so so to good
Health: on the mend from the cold, but waiting for the body to catch up and feel snappy again.

Comments: I came back kickin' this week after 4 rest days of illness. Lots of double workouts which are taking a little getting used to logistically. I had a good ride up city View this week, strong and fast. Legs took longer to recover from it than I am used to, could be because I am used to going this hard with Steve and not having a wheel to sit on and take turns with was a little more challenging. Not sure... I enjoyed my workouts this week though!