Sunday, January 25, 2009

Key Workout: 1.25.09 Swim 6K

Key Workout
Description: This month we upped the long swim up another 1000 M to a total of a 6000 M swim.
Location: Carmandie Rec Center pool - Long course set up.
Nutrition: 2 slices sprouted grain bread for breakfast covered with pumpkin butter. 2 sips of HEED during the swim, and several large gulps of pool water as well.
Weather: NA
Distance: 6000 Meters
Pace: Overall: 1:54:22 = 1:54/M pace
4000 M mark: 1:15:10 = 1:53/M pace
2000 M mark: 36:55 = 1:51/M pace

Comments: I was excited to swim this today. Last month I was pretty hailed for our long swim so I was excited to swim in a rather fresh state. I was lucky to have Tyler and Keith to draft off of today. I also took my turn leading for many laps as well. We went out a little fast even though it "felt" very slow. I didn't bring my pool buoy today because I wanted to swim the whole thing and I'm glad that I did. I felt really good about the swim. I found a nice rhythm for me and was able to stay in it for the most part with minimal loss of focus. I did try to stick my tongue out at Steve when we happened to do a flip turn at the same time, but I don't think he saw it :(. I think I might...maybe...just be getting a wee bit faster.