
Swims:
- Tu: 11:30 Masters w/Paul, 4600 yards
- Th: 11:30 Masters w/Paul, 4000 yards
Bikes:
- Sat: 1 hour easy bike with group for race recon
Runs:
- Mon: 1 hour active recovery run around Gulford CT, along water, through cute town, totally awesome!
- Tu: Track: 1200 800 1200 800 1200 7:15 pace with Michelle
- Th: ran 9 at moderate pace Waterton canyon
Other:
- Wed: Brick: 4 laps on Wadsworth paceline with Steve at race pace, then 30 min run hard off the bike, broken at 1/2 way point to talk to Kirk, easy back.
- Fr: 1 hour walk around Kansas 70.3 campground
- Sun: Race Kansas 70.3, great race 4:45, 6th amateur, 2nd age group
Sleep: great, full or over full uninterrupted nights every night of the week
Recovery: good, this was a week between two 1/2 Ironmans, lots of NUUN, and Normatec for 45 min the night before the race
Mood: great, still very happy from a great race at Rev3
Health: very good
Comments: This week went great. The paceline work on Wadsworth felt good and I knew that I have recovered from the previous weekends 1/2 ironman. Driving out to Kansas I felt a little nervous about the race, but once we got settled into our campspot all of that melted away. I love camping, I love triathlon, so mixing the two was AWESOME! I got a very awesome email right before I went to bed and it was that final smile that allowed me to sleep peacefully the night before the race. I had a great race and ended up with a slot to World 70.3 Championships in Clearwater. Good day!