Sunday, June 7, 2009

Key Workout: Rev3 1/2 Ironman



Key Workout
Description: REv3 Half Ironman Race
Location: Middlebury CT
Nutrition: 1 bottle perpeium with 2 scoops on the bike, 2 bottles water, 3 gels. Run: took 1/2 a gel 4 times, and water at all aid stations. Tried a little coke, spit it right out.
Weather: Awesome, upper 70's, low 80's, perfection for a race
Distance: 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.2 mile run
Pace:
Swim: 33:36
T1: 2:28
Bike: 2:50:02
T2: 1:30
Run: 1:43:26
total: 5:11:05
17th female
4th amateur
2nd age group

Comments: This course was really tough. In Colorado we train a lot on hills, but our climbs are sustained and long. This course was up, down, turn. There were at least 50 turns and 50 hills, short, and steep. I tried to ride very smart, but hard as well. I came off the bike right behind the age group leader and knew it would come down to the run. The run course was just as hilly, including the K-Swiss mile which was probably the most challenging hill I have run in a race outside of trail races. She outran me by one minute and a half for the age group win. This race was phenomenally orchestrated. I was proud of my finish. The pro woman champion was Mirinda Carfrae (last years world champion at this distance) and she went 4:27. So you can tell this was a challenging, honest course.