Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Monthly Status

Body Measurements
Weight: 134.4
Body Composition (fat %): 19.7
Chest:
Waist: 28.5
Hips:
Quad:
Bicep:

Physiological Measurements-
Sleep: A little difficult this month as I was sick for a little over a week with a head cold. In the last week the sleep has been much better and I have been pretty tired in the evenings. I am taking naps with Annie (2 hours) about 1 out of every 8-10 days.

Recovery: The stick is my new best friend, as is my foam roller. I use them a lot. Troy is also jumping in more and more to massage sore areas that I have. 

Mood: Really good. 

Health Status: Head Cold. Lingered a little longer than I would have liked. Trained straight through it.

Training Summary: This month included a visit home to California and a head cold. I still got in nearly every planned workout despite the changes to routine. Diet was not as good as I would have liked in California, but has been good before and after. The mileage on long runs was upped significantly during this month and I am starting to come to terms with what that will mean for my body. In two of the long runs this month my calf woul get increasingly tight which would yield high amounts of pain in my lower knee. It requires me to "go to my happy place" and work through it. I can run through it but it's not fun. the residual effects are soreness in the knee for about 24 hours. Two days later all the pain is gone. I really enjoyed this month because I got to do things that I haven't done before. My heart is most content when I am outdoors doing wild things. It's what I live for.