Description: 3K M continuous swim at 6:45am
Location: DU Swimming Pool, Set up for Long Course
Nutrition: Almond Butter and Pumpkin Butter Sandwich on Whole Wheat bread at 5:40
Weather: N/A, but the pool was cold
Distance: 3000 Meters
Pace: Overall Time: 57:55, 1:55/100M, 1:45/100Y
Comments: Corey gave a lesson before the swim and it was REALLY helpful. His talk gave me lots of things to think about during the swim and kept me really busy. I was able to work on flip turns (and subsequently missed the deep wall 5 times, and flipped too close to it 2 times, but I was trying new things). I practiced taking a full stroke after my flip turn before breathing and was comfortable with that by the end. I practiced passing techniques and b/c my teammates were in the lane with me I felt comfortable that if I messed up they would forgive me. That was a refreshing change! the workout builded for me. I started out with a 2 min pace and after I felt warmed up (which is taking longer and longer recently) I started feeling fine to pick it up. By the end I still felt great and was on a maintainable pace. I felt like I could have continued on towards 5000 M at that pace.