Swims:
- Mon: Masters 5K Yards
- Wed: Masters 4,700 Yards
- Fri: Masters 3800 Yards
Bikes:
- Th: 4 hours on trainer
Runs:
- Tu: Ran 9 miles on treadmill at 2.5 incline
- Fr: 20 min EZ on treadmill
- Sun: 10K Snowshoe Race with 5K warmup
Other:
- abs every day this week
Sleep: really good
Recovery: Met with Ken for PT on Monday and Thursday. Knee issue is very much a hamstring issue at this point. Saturday was a travel day and a rest day.
Mood: so-so, optimistic
Health: The knee is an issue. After seeing Ken Monday I ran 9 Tu and it was in no worse shape that before I ran. Wednesday I woke up pain free. Thursday I felt back to my old self. Friday was great but I had an allergic reaction to something unknown. Very bad...close to a hospital visit but 3 Benadryl did the trick. Saturday I felt great and was really excited to race Sunday.
Comments:
Sunday's race went very well. Several minutes better than last year and I can tell my base is very deep. I was in much better shape at the finish than usual. That night the knee hurt but I thought it was because I sat in the car so long. Monday I woke up with bad pain again. Off to see Ken. You can find out what happens next in a future installment of my weekly update.